Common Wealth Scholarship SOP - Sample | Statement of purpose

Starting my career as an Accounting professional and then gradually realizing the impact of technology, I taught myself graphics designing and began freelancing as a graphics designer on Upwork and Fiverr. This leap into technology made me see the impact chain of Information Technology at a Global scale. With a humble beginning of growing up in the Gilgit Baltistan, Pakistan; problems for me were limited to hiking to the mountains, to channel the water, to the fields or making sure the harvest season is put to full use.




Relocating to the city and beginning my accounting career with heavy involvements in volunteering activities in my community, enabled me to gain a tremendous experience leap, and just then my spectrum of problems expanded. I realized in most of organization, be it Cooperate, Civil Society or Government, the flow of information; instructions, requirements, constrains, questions, blueprints… play a vital role in the overall performance of the organization and given the influx of technology, centering these flows of information around modern day, technology centered, products can greatly boost productivity and transparency.

Furthermore, the next problem was a local one, Pakistan being a developing nation lacks the embedment of technology in critical areas such as; monitoring and evaluation, research and development…. Hence, why not learn the best practices in Business Management centered around Information Technology and then return and dissipate the learning in my local community for structural changes and developments in policy which will promise immediate and long run progress. 
Currently, I am engaged as a technology consultant with a Pakistan Innovation Summit for Education (PISE). PISE works on social development in rural areas of Pakistan with special emphasis on Northern Pakistan, Gilgit-Baltistan region. My roles at PISE range from developing to conducting freelancing trainings and workshops, but with time I realized I need to develop my skillset to further deepen the impact of my work, therefore through the knowledge and skills I will gain in my Master’s program I envision myself working with increased capacity and capability.


As part of the organization currently we are working to bring freelancing education to rural areas in Northern Pakistan, and this degree in Business Management in I.T will enable me to lead many domains of this project single-handedly, while further enhancing the quality of the projects by utilizing modern research based project management and quality assessment tools.

I strongly believe this journey will be one that is centered on learning and personal growth. In terms of the skill set, I expect to gain, technology centered management, organization and planning is something I am tremendously excited for. This along with a start into the world of data-analysis, mathematical modeling and forecasting will enable me to jump into monitoring and evaluation of projects and organizations using data centered approached, enabling me to move away from chaos into more control and planning.


Post a Comment

0 Comments